Sunday, April 5, 2009

ADHD & Taxes

*** A Reminder - Hunter in a Farmer's World has moved - please update your bookmarks, subscriptions and links to ADHDHunter.com ***

Here it is again - 10 days left until April 15th. U.S. federal, state and local taxes will be due. And once again, my ADHD procrastination circuits are rocking!

I am fortunate that I have a couple of unexpectedly free days to do the work. It won’t matter. I will lock down my free time approaching April 15th as “committed” to preparing my taxes. I will stress over the work. And then, I will do anything but the taxes.

It’s amazing how happy I can be at these times discovering loose handles around the house that need tightening. The garage will implore me to come and pick up a broom, after ignoring it the rest of the year. What better time to empty and re-fill the hot tub or wash the cars. Anything but the taxes.

I’m running out of free days. I will eventually launch into high-speed, around the clock sessions to complete the work. The kids will know better than to go near Dad in the office. I’ll use words that will probably deserve a little soap. It won’t be pretty.

I’m going to keep this post brief - I have to get to my taxes….. (wow - I just noticed how badly my desk drawer needs organizing!)

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment